CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Humor's in the Toilet

I couldn't help but blog about this very important topic... there is humor in the toilet. "What?" you may say, but it's true. Take a look at my post "Bunda, Bunda, Bunda..." That had the most comments on it (thanks for all the advice, ladies) and the reason is - the toilet is an incredibly fascinating thing. It's no wonder my son won't go poopie in the toilet. It's like this great white abyss. Who knows what really goes on down there. (I've been potty training for a week - any advice on how to get him to go poopie in the toilet?)

If you put a group of ladies with young children in a room together, I wonder how long it would take for the subject to come up? I would venture to say, not long. Why? Because it's the one thing we all have to deal with, every day. That, and food. Food is likely right in there with the toilet. (No pun intended hehehe)

So, to my fellow mothers of young children, thanks for understanding my need to share an otherwise taboo topic with you. My husband just doesn't understand that part of my life.

:)

6 comments:

Angel Brockbank said...

That's a great one Andi. I definitely agree. I'd say my favorite topics with other mothers would be that and the whole labor thing. That's always fun to talk about :)

Esther Ogden said...

Personally, I like to talk about leg warmers and side pony tails.

LOL

Leslie said...

Potty training was a nightmare for me. Unfortunately, it really negatively affected my relationship with my wonderful son. We had a nearly constant power struggle for well over a year. Finally, through answer to prayers, I was inspired to stop asking him if he needed to go potty; stop pointing out to him when he was doing the potty dance; stop telling him to go potty; and instead, we just had a schedule: he would go when he woke up, then at morning snack time, then at lunch, then at afternoon snack time, maybe a second snack time, then dinner time, then bed time. I would say, "Oh, it's snack time potty break." And off he would go. No more rewards or bribes. I don't really understand it, but it eliminated the power struggle for us. I'm not sure that would work for everyone, therefore, I think the most important element in successful potty training is prayer. That, and lots of patience, lowered expectations, and maybe a little valium! : ) Good luck!

autumn said...

I have no idea how to potty train my daughter. But I just bought a potty and hopefully it will start to get some use soon!

Jenn said...

Yup, it's all about input and output . . . hmmm, maybe that's why we're all so fascinated with the computer. :)

J. said...

I had all sorts of things to add to Jennifer's comment, but in the end it stands perfectly on its own.

And in regard to me not understanding the facination of making the toilet a topic of discussion, it may be because you have not truly experienced the horror of some scout camp kybos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outhouse

Most men suffer from post-traumatic stress syndrome as a result.