CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm Mad at Myself

Here is the conversation I had with my sweet daughter tonight:

"Mom, I'm mad at myself."
"Why are you mad at yourself." (Brace self for revelation of something she did wrong and now feels the need to confess.)
"For several reasons."
(Turn head, stare at clock, try to control self from bursting into laughter. Take deep breath. Think about something else.)
"The first reason is because I forgot to cover myself with the covers last night. So I was cold all night....
"Next..." (squints eyes, brings hands to cover eyes in a serious ponder over what was next on the list) "...oh, what was next on the list, Nia..." (she's talking to herself there) ..."oh yes. The next reason is because I am silly to myself. I try really hard not to be silly to myself but I can't help it...
"And the last reason is because I like to sneak up on people and scare them..." (Pause with concentration) "I don't know how to explain this one..."

Yes, it was a relief that there was not some confession made, of something that was actually wrong. But, that's not a surprise seeing as how this child is the most angelic, incredibly obedient, Christ-like child that I have ever known. Because Jason and I made up her name, I figured we got to choose the meaning as well. The meaning I chose for her name was "Special Gift" and that is truly what she is. She is the most special, precious spirit.

:)

3 comments:

Beverly Jensen said...

It's pretty hard not to laugh...LOL (that means laugh out loud). I would love to be able to peer into their little thought processes. Nia would feel bad for thinking of thinking of a bad thing.

Angel Brockbank said...

That is so precious! I love Nia, she is certainly a one of a kind, but don't we all wish there were more like her.

Esther Ogden said...

Oh, Nia! Is there anyone sweeter than you?! I adore you, Sweetheart! =)