CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 11, 2008

I wish I knew Chinese

I wish I knew Chinese. It sounds like such a cool language. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to speak it? My brother in-law speaks it as he went to Hong Kong on his mission. Very cool. :)

It would be particularly helpful to know it so that if people are speaking Chinese but intersperse it with your name, then you would actually know what they were saying. The Chinese people keep saying my name but I have no idea what they are saying about me!

I guess I better start watching Ni-Hao Kailan more. :)


:)

3 comments:

Angel Brockbank said...

Yeah, I always wanted to speak Vietnamese so that I could get my nails done without feeling completely lost. :)

Beverly Jensen said...

Angel has a good point. I try to tip well so I can imagine them saying: "O-o-o big tip lady come today - my turn, my turn. Big tip lady so nice, always smile....
But Andi, what they are saying is mcoi likk Andi so smart lokklcmcm ooii Andi know what she doing 'w;ellol -oelqj Andi must have smart dad oiibbnb erwerty Andi must have pretty mom .keespp jlssk. That's all the Chinese you need to know!

Esther Ogden said...

Mom's comment has me giggling! Eh-hem...August 11th was like so two weeks ago-we need a new post! JK! Love you! =)