CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Morning Bus Stop

This is so funny, I had to share it...

Nia loves to ride the bus. I take her each morning to the bus stop and there is usually this one boy there. I think his name is Brian. He is probably in 4th or 5th grade. He always waves at me and the kids in the car. Sometimes he comes to the door and waits for Nia to get out. He seems so sweet and the kind of boy that I would want her to like... when she gets older.

This morning, she wore some jeans she hadn't worn yet (yes, I bought her way too many new school clothes this year). They have a embroidered heart on each of the back pockets and have a pink undertone to the wash. Anyway... after I drop her off at the bus stop, I always turn around and wait across the street so I can be sure that she isn't abducted (I tend to be a bit paranoid and morbid).

Before I go on, let me paint the picture a little more clearly... Nia is wearing a long sleeved shirt that goes to the top of her thighs, a turquoise rain coat (that the boy helped her zip up) with the hood up - which goes to about mid-thighs, and a backpack that is a bit large for her little body...

So... as I am waiting in the car, I look over to see her bent over with her bunda (this means "butt" in portugese) sticking up in the air and the boy looking at it. I am wondering what in the world she is doing as she is trying to shove her backpack, rain coat, and shirt up her back to further expose her bunda. At this point, I am getting a bit concerned due to the "appropriate" factor but at the same time can't figure out what she is doing... And then it dawns on me. She is showing Brian the hearts on her back pockets.

Oh, my dear Nia. So adorable, so innocent, so silly. :)

:)

2 comments:

Esther Ogden said...

That is so funny! I can totally see Nia doing that. At first I thought you meant that her pants had fallen down and her little bunda was REALLY showing! Yikes, I am glad that her cute little tushy was indeed covered with little pink hearts!

Steak Lovers said...

Yeah, I agree with Esther, at first I thought she had pulled her pants down, but phew! But that story is truly hilarious! Aren't kids so fun! I'm sure you were dying laughing in your car!!! So fun! I'm glad you wait for her, I would too. It's not paranoia, it is protective, and we as parents are supposed to protect our children. Good job andi :)