CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Two of my Five Extra Things

On my list of 30 things I want to do this year, one of my items was to think of five more things to do this year. Hear are two:

1) Floss my teeth. I am not a flosser and to be honest, I really hate to floss. I hate the extra time it takes to do something so seemingly insignificant. But, alas, the dentist is really insisting that I floss, and it is a good example for my kids. So, I am going to do much better with flossing.

2) Accept that I can't (and more importantly, shouldn't) do everything. I have a tendency to want to do everything. As I was driving along the other day, I thought to myself about how I really would like to take guitar lessons. Then I had to stop myself. Yes, learning to play it would be really cool, but I know how to play the piano and we have a beautiful one sitting in our living room that gets played once a week, if lucky, by myself or my husband (banging by our children doesn't count). Why would I try to pick something else up? Furthermore, do I not have enough to do already with being a mom, a wife, writing, working, unknown number of unfinished quilts (and I really do love quilting), working out (loosing that weight), church, housekeeping, staying sane. Why in the world would I pick up another hat, of my own free will, that is not required, not helping me accomplish anything else, and would end up being just another time consumer. So, alas, I must commit myself to being happy with who I am now and I cannot physically do everything. I have to pick and choose.

But I still want to learn to play the guitar... someday. :)

:)

3 comments:

Angel Brockbank said...

I was thinking about flossing the other day too, I really need to. I did one of those "how old are you really" quizes and I was actually 24 instead of 26.7! I was so pleased! That's because I started working out again. Anyway, flossing is one that that actually will lengthen your lifespan. Go get those little tiny flossers, they are white and really cheap and really easy to use. Put it in your car along with your tweezers maybe. The other thing you can do is put it in your shower, sometimes that helps you remember. Another idea if you like normal floss is to pull out 7 strands and tape them to your mirror in your bathroom. You'll know if you forgot one day. And start on sunday. Great way to remember ;)

Esther Ogden said...

Wow, Angel...your comment made me completely forget what it was I was going to say on Andi's post. Did you come up with all of those ideas on reminding oneself to floss? Impressive...indeed, impressive.

=)

autumn said...

I know what you mean, there are so many things I want to do, but rarely have the time, or extra energy to do. I figure I'll get to them when my kids have left the house. :)