CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nuts!

After picking my daughter up from school Monday, we promptly went to Nonna's house for lunch and to get Justis. (Nonna means "Grandma" in Italian.) Upon our arrival, my son was so proud to tell us that he helped Nonna make us lunch.

Upon inspection of said lunch, my daughter burst into tears. Why? Because of Nuts, of course! Doesn't everyone burst into tears when they find nuts in their Peanut Butter? That seams quite reasonable to my daughter.

Well, I told her to suck it up and eat the sandwich (in a nicer, more nurturing, motherly sort of way) but she was quite adamant that she could not possibly eat the sandwich with the nuts intact.

The solution? I handed her a utensil and told her this was what was for lunch and if she wanted, she could pick out the nuts. And so, she did.


:)

5 comments:

Angel Brockbank said...

That's great! Love the story!

The Jensen Fam said...

Ok, that is so funny that Nia would actually pick out all of the nuts. Too cute!

The Original TomKat said...

That just makes me laugh! Good for you for sticking to your guns!

Melissa said...

at least she eventually ate the sandwich - Brae wouldn't go near a peanut butter sandwich regardless of nuts or no nuts :)

Unknown said...

Hey Andi! It's Nicola Estrada. Do you remember me from Soma Life in Kelowna? I can't believe how big Nia is now - and so beautiful. I remember seeing her photos as a newborn. My little girl Lola is a little over 2 now and while I was waiting for her to come into my life (several years) I often thought of the difficulties you had waiting for your babies too (and your persistence and faith). It helped me though...