CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Nighttime Funnies


Every night as we put Justis to bed, he tries to convince us that it is not really night time. His reasoning is always the same:

"But it's still morning!"

We tell him "No, it's not," and he replies with an insistent "Yes it is! Look!" Of course, you know what is coming... He is pointing outside which, due to summertime, is still light out.

I am loving the summertime and am grateful for the longer days, but sometimes I wish the blasted sun would just go down! hehehe :)


The other funny thing that happened is that Justis fell out of bed... and didn't wake up. As a parent, you know the "thud" at night is not good. When I heard the "thud," I ran upstairs to make sure he was ok. Sure enough, I find him ASLEEP on the floor! The boy didn't even wake up! This happened one other time as well, but that time I found him sitting on the floor but asleep. He was swaying as his body was trying to keep him upright while in blissful slumber.

Funny boy.

:)

5 comments:

Beverly Jensen said...

Sleepy boy! I remember as a child protesting bedtime when it was summer. They were unable to convince me and I thought that when I had kids I wouldn't make them go to bed when it was light. What's worse is winter, getting up in the dark.

J. said...

That's my boy.

Beverly Jensen said...

Last night when the kids slept over Justis was adament that you said he didn't have to go to bed when it was "day". "Uh-huh, mommy said! It's still day, not night, silly nonna."
Silly Justis.

Angel Brockbank said...

That is SO funny. He is SO CUTE!!!

Shannon said...

I had a great laugh over this. I can just see him sitting there!