CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

This and That

Here are a few blog-worthy items:

Taking a Bath

Saturday was very hot. The kids and spent a good part of the afternoon and evening over at my parent's house (they have AC, we do not). The kids were playing outside in the backyard with water. They were wet and I felt like at that point, they should take a bath. I didn't particularly have a desire to go inside and give them baths (it was already bedtime) and neither did my mom. The solution? We hosed them down. Please do not be offended by this picture but it was one of the things that parents always threaten to - hose the kids down outside - and I did it. So, I thought it was worthy of a picture for documentation purposes. :) (Please note that they did not take off their underwear during the entire process so they were still mostly modest.)


Drinky

Recently, Justis came up with a new word: Drinky. He'll say "Mommy, I'm drinky" which means he's thirsty. He'll also say "Mommy, I need one more drinky" right as he is going to bed. Very cute. :)


Summer School

My kids started a summer school program at a local Montessori school. They are gone from about 8am-1pm. It is really quite odd having all that time to myself. I find that I am accomplishing an incredible amount of work during that time! I had forgotten how much one could do if there are not interruptions or distractions.

They love it though and we give thanks to the government for the tax cut checks that made it possible. That's right Uncle Sam. I gave my money back to the economy, just like you wanted me to. :)


Charming

One could say that I have two excessively charming children. They are both quite charming, but in different ways. We had the missionaries over for dinner Sunday night and Nia had the charm turned on, full blast. The best thing about it was that she wasn't doing it intentionally... she was just being who she is. She would ask the missionaries "Would you like some Lemonade?" and then she would pour some in their glass. "Would you like a brownie?" "Would you like another brownie?" "Could you please cut my chicken for me?" and on and on. To top it all, she would smile and bat her long eyelashes that accenuate her very clear blue eyes. Ahhhh...

It's a good thing she is so young and they are not. Otherwise, we'd have to stop inviting them over. :)

:)

4 comments:

Esther Ogden said...

I am glad the kids are liking their classes and you are liking the time to get some work done. I love Justis' new word; I might just start using it myself. Do you think Jeremy will get me a glass of water before bed if I do it real cute? Nia, you are adorable and completely unassuming- you are gonna knock some socks off one of these days, chica! =)

Beverly Jensen said...

The swimming pool is another great way to bathe your kids, and disinfect them with clorine at the same time!

Janell said...

Totally cute! I am so glad you took pictures for documentation purposes! Also about the Charm...sounds like Nia is a clone of her mommy. Watch out when she becomes a teen, if this doesn't already happen. She's so cute and fluid in "charm."

Janell said...

Oh and I have to add, I clicked on the picture to make it bigger and the view from your parent's backyard is amazing! I miss seeing Mt. St. Helen on a regular basis!