CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fish Jinxer

Please note that if you are cleaning your fish bowl, do not call me to talk. I appear to be a fish jinxer.

The day before my cruise in January, we had an unfortunate incident with our fish, Lila (please see my previous post "Ode to Lila"). We were cleaning his bowl and had him in a small cup while he was waiting for his clean water. He, apparently, did not like his temporary state and made a run, I mean jump, for it. He jumped out of the cup onto the counter, sustaining what appeared to be some internal bleeding. He ended up taking a swim to the ocean, via the porcelain express.

So this morning, I was talking to a good friend on the phone, checking in with since her kids have been sick this week. While we were talking, she was cleaning her fish bowl. When she mentioned that I told about her fish and within minutes, she underwent a similar unfortunate incident. Her fish jumped (maybe got dumped by their 2 year old trying to help - not sure) out of his temporary home, slipping down to the sink disposal. I know, you are probably horrified - don't worry, the disposal, thankfully, was not on. She was able to rescue him but within a minute of being returned to his now clean home, he went belly (I mean side) up.

The moral of the story - please don't call me when you are cleaning your fish bowl (unless you are desirous for a similar outcome). My conscious cannot take any more. :)

:)

*** Update: apparently my friend's fish is not dead. She left it in the bowl for a while and he ended up coming back from the dead. :) Whew. I feel so much better.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You're so funny - call me anytime, we don't have any fish for you to worry about ;)