CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Friday Favorites

I would like to start a new tradition of sorts... on Fridays, I am going to post about a favorite. In my line of work and my love for shopping, I find some great things and am pretty loyal to my favorites. My Friday favorites will range in both type of product and type of seller. Some will be product specific (like the mascara that I love - to be a future Friday Favorite) and some will be store/c0mpany specific. My objective is to share with you some things that I love and hope that you will also post comments about your specific favorites. I am open to highlighting your favorites as well so don't be shy. :)

My Friday Favorite today (I know it's Saturday - I meant to post it on Friday so just pretend) is Dove Chocolate at Home. I decided to highlight them this week because I have been fully immersed in chocolate all week. :) You can go to their website by clicking on Dove Chocolate at Home.

Dove Chocolate at Home is owned by Mars who creates/sells the Dove Chocolate that you buy at the store (my personal favorite chocolate candy bar). But instead of selling in retail stores, Dove Chocolate at Home sells through the Direct Selling type business model (which is my field of expertise). Dove Chocolate at Home sells chocolate and accessories for candy and dessert making, along with a few pre-made things such as chocolate covered cranberries.

Being a chocolate fanatic, I just had to try their stuff. So, for Valentine's Day, I made some chocolate treats using their chocolate and tempering unit. The tempering unit melts the chocolate differently than just putting it in the microwave and is great for chocolate molds (I made both hearts and circles), dipping in, etc. I dipped pretzels in the chocolate and they were awesome too.

I also made truffles using a recipe that they have and dipped the truffles in "dusting powder" (like powdered sugar but it's chocolate). Holy cow. They were awesome.

In any case, I really love Dove Chocolate at Home because it is not just your ordinary chocolate. If you love really great chocolate, check them out. They have really fantastic stuff.

And that is my Friday Favorite. :)

5 comments:

Angel Brockbank said...

That sounds like lots of fun! Next time I come, we'll have to do that together :)

Melissa said...

I too am now in LOVE with Dove chocolate at home! Thanks Andi for the fabulous chocolates! YUM YUM YUM! :)

J. said...

I can fully confirm the favorite-ness of Dove Chocolate at home. In fact most chocolate at home is great, but dark Dove is tremendous. Thanks for the awesome truffles honey.

Rebecca Talley said...

Mmmmm . . . I love chocolate and I love Dove.

Your post made me hungry!

Esther Ogden said...

Andi, could you be any cooler? I think not! Chocolate anywhere sounds good, but I could really go for some at home today!