CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Good Saturday

I just love Saturdays. It is so nice to have Jason home all day. Here are two funny things from today:

1) Nia (talking to me): Mom, I can't drink mommy milk. I'm Lactose Intolerated.
Me: laugh and smile - what else was going to do?


2) During quiet time today, Nia and Justis came down to do some magic tricks for us. Nia's idea of magic tricks is this:

Nia: Close your eyes for this trick, please. (As audience members and loving parents, we oblige and close our eyes.) Ok. Abra, cadabra, make me disappear (followed by the sounds of running footsteps to hide behind the couch). Ta Da! Open you eyes! (Again, we oblige and act amazed.)

Me: Wow! Where did Nia disappear to?

Nia: Close your eyes again. (We close our eyes.) Abra, cadabra, me me reappear (followed by the sound of running footsteps again - coming out from behind the couch). Ta Da! Open your eyes!

Me: Wow! Great magic trick!


3) This is the picture of our family room today:


You may ask why this is significant? Let me tell you...

On the top left hand side, Jason is working on his computer. On the lower right hand side, Nia and Justis are playing with Nia's Barbie computer/laptop. On the lower left hand side, there is my laptop (in front of the chair) and another computer right behind the chair. (Jason got a new computer and was switching them out). We are technological snobs. While I mention four computers here, I did not mention Jason's other laptop that is also in the same room (but not visible in the computer). Technically, we are outnumbered by computers at our house. :)

As I was working on my computer, I turned around and saw that scene. It made me laugh so I jumped up and took a picture with my iPhone. Did I mention we technology snobs? We are. :)

To us, this is a great Saturday. :)

:)

2 comments:

Jen said...

I can so relate.

My husband works in IT and we have a zillion computers. At last count, our computers outnumbered us four to one. Yikes!

Angel Brockbank said...

That's awesome Andi.