CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Everyone and their Dog

It seems that everyone and their dog is sick. I tried to take my kids to the same-day clinic three times yesterday. The wait ranged from 1 hour - 2 hours. I'm sorry, but waiting for an hour or two with two sick kids, trying to keep them entertained, just doesn't appeal to me. So, after waking up feeling even worse this morning, I headed straight to the clinic right at their opening time. That was the trick. There was only one person in front of us and within minutes, several others came in after me.

The verdict... Justis has an Ear Infection, not to mention his 102 fever. I have bronchitis, and a fever to boot. Sweet. The worst thing about being sick is that as a mom, there are no sick days. You still have to get up, get kids to school, get meals on the table, etc. Gone are the days when you could just go back to bed because you were sick. Ahhh.... oh well. I made it through the day.

I have to say though, I am so grateful that I have the priesthood in my home. It is very comforting knowing that my kids and I can get a blessing at any time. I am grateful that my husband is worthy to do that. :)

:)

3 comments:

Angel Brockbank said...

Amen! I'm so there with you. My whole body hurts from coughing so much yesterday I have major body ache. I need a massage really bad. I just want to go to a day spa and get pampered, that would feel so good! Ahhh, if only.

Olivia Heilmann said...

I am with you all there. Man. Being sick is the worst. Thank goodness for TV. It's times like these that I am grateful for the couch potato-ness of it all.

Chelsea said...

Sorry to hear your family is so sick! How yucky to have everyone (minus one) feel like that! Wish I could help, but I am useless in the face of illness! So I'm sending you good wishes and healthy thoughts!