CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Favorites

For today's Friday Favorites, I decided on one of my favorite book series. Favorite, as in all time top three series.

Author Stephanie Meyers did an amazing job weaving a story line involving Vampires - and other things for which I will not reveal as to avoid spoiling it for others - into a non-science fiction feeling story. I am not really into science fiction and honestly, I had serious doubts about this series seeing as how a regular person falls in love with a vampire.

I was wrong... Oh, so wrong.

My sister loaned them to me (thanks, Chels) right before I went into surgery last fall. I picked the first one up a couple of days before my surgery and started reading, just to see. I could not put it down. I could not stop reading the book! I entered the hospital for my surgery a couple of days later with less than 100 pages left of the third book.

I love this series so much, in fact, that I have purchased my own copies of them because I know I will read them over and over. In fact, I am itching to start it again.

The funny thing about this series is that it appeals to people of all different types. I know of several adult men, even men the age of my father and grandfather, who have read the series. They appeal to real romantics like me, sci-fi people, and everything in between.

I recommend them to everyone that I talk about books with. I actually have two copies of the first one so I can loan one out and keep a copy at the same time. I gave the first one to another one of my sisters and she returned it about two weeks later... She had not only read that one, but she bought the series and had read each book TWICE!

So, if you are feeling like reading - read these books. I don't know of anyone who has not absolutely LOVED this series. Don't be fooled by the fact that it is about vampires - it is so well done the "vampire" issue isn't an issue. If you like vampires already, you will be that much more excited.

The first one is being made into a movie, which should be exciting. I don't see how the movie could be as good as the book though (because the book totally rocks!) so I recommend reading the book first.

And that's my Friday Favorite. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it, Love it!!! I too was skeptical of the series. But everyone kept saying how great it was. Then my sister-in-law lent it to me so I thought I would take a look...well sure enough I finished it in a couple days (taking it everywhere to read when I had time). I have only read the first but I can't wait to read the others. The last one is coming out in Aug. so I thought I would spread them out a little! Oh I am so excited for the movie too, I agree they have a challenge in making it as good as the books but I think it will be fun to see.

Chelsea said...

Isn't it crazy that a book you would never have thought in a million years would be your type of book hooks you like this one did. I am still trying to pinpoint exactly was it is about it that it makes this book so difficult to put down!
I think we should schedule a girls day to see the movie together!

Melissa said...

Okay- you convinced me - I bought the first two books at Costco last night - I'll let you know what I think :)

Angel Brockbank said...

If I had the opportunity to read besides my scriptures I would definitely read this one, everyone I know has read this series. Great recommendation Andi!