CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mysterious and Conniving

Mysterious:

Last night, the kids and I were watching (truth be told, I was reading - but I was in the same room) "The Last Unicorn." (Do you remember that movie from when we were young?) It was 8pm, a little past their bedtime. The phone rings and I check the caller ID. I didn't recognize the name but I answered it because you just never know...

It was, what I thought to be, a boy calling for Nia. The whole conversation was quite odd and humorous at the same time. Nia was completely distracted and uninterested in the conversation. She wasn't sure who it was and neither did I.

It sounded like the caller said "Ian" or "Ethan." She does technically know an Ian and an Ethan but she assured me she did not give them her phone number. She has been known to give out her phone number so I don't imagine that she remembers everyone that she has given it to.

My question is, why is a kindergartener calling another kindergartener at 8pm at night? My kids go to bed before 8pm!


Mystery Solved:

Nia asked Ethan at her school if he called last night and he said "no." However, the mysterious caller rang again today and so before I handed the phone over to Nia, I asked who was calling. It took a moment (and some background prodding from the supervising adult of the caller) before they answered: Jasmine.

I was a little disappointed, only in the fact that it would be a let down to the climax of my story here. However, I am glad to say that she doesn't have any boys calling her (even though I know she has given our number out to at least one boy - only as a friend though). I do find it funny though because Jasmine doesn't really sound like "Ian" or "Ethan" - except for the "n" at the end. :)


Conniving:

My family has all had the nasty cold/flu going around. Nia hasn't been hit overly hard by it but she has been on the verge for several day. Today, I decided that both of the kids really should take a nap. Neither wanted to take a "nap" so I made this bargain: Lay down in your bed and just "rest" - you don't have to go to sleep - until Nia's CD is over. After that, you can get up.

As expected, Nia was out within two or three songs. Justis, on the other hand, was not. To his credit, he had fallen asleep in the car so I was not entirely surprised. However, he really impressed me because he did stay in bed until Nia's music was over. The moment the last song ended, I could hear him get out of bed and he came out. He fulfilled his part of the bargain and he knew it. :)

:)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

After your "he saved me post" I'm sure it was a bit of a relief when it wasn't a boy calling for Nia :)
Hope that CD was long enough that you got a little break before Justis got up :)

Melissa said...

Oh, and I love the new look of your blog - and it looks like it's your turn to be beating me on the Hinckley Challenge ;)