CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Adventures in Idaho

Adventure #2: Going to the Mall

As any mother can attest, going to the mall with three young kids can be interesting. Luckily, there were two adults there (my sister, Esther, and I) so it wasn't so bad. This was funny though:

Esther and I had split up and I had the kids. We were waiting for her and Avery, her youngest (and quite adorable) decided that she wanted Mommy so she took off. I started following and she ran faster. I was pushing a stroller but it got to the point that I could not run fast enough with the stroller so I ditched the stroller, told Nia to watch it and watch Justis, and I ran, yes... ran, to catch up with Avery who was now running. Have you ever seen a woman literally running through the mall? I have not, but I can only imagine what people were thinking. Especially as Avery was crying "I want my Mommy." Yup, I'm sure I looked like a kidnapper. :)

Overall, the kids were great. It was a little scary taking them into Sephora (makeup store) because they wanted to try all of the tester lipsticks sitting out within arms reach. Yikes.

Here is a picture of the kids with ice cream cones. Quite the mess. :)

While at the mall, we also got Nia's ears pierced. It is something that she has wanted to do for a while. She looks adorable with them pierced and she was very brave.

I am having a fantastic time with my sister. It is so fun to be with her and her sweet family.

:)

4 comments:

autumn said...

Looks like a semi stressful fun time! I am thinking about taking my kids to the mall today. I am not sure I have the courage.

Annette Lyon said...

Hey, I missed you at the conference this year. Hope you can come next time around. (You are still writing, RIGHT?)

I like the new look over here.

Esther Ogden said...

Ahh, it seems so much funnier now that it is over! They were quite the handful, but so cute! We sure had a blast, eh?! =)

Chelsea said...

I haven't been to a mall since Kadin learned how to walk and I don't think I want to go anytime soon because I KNOW without a doubt I will be the crazy mom running down the mall yelling at her son . . . . some embarassing kid moments are unavoidable; I'd like to limit them as much as possible.
Nia looks so cute and so grown up! Hope Justis had a happy birthday! Sorry we missed the get-together!