CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Turning a New Leaf

The past few days have been exceptional...

1) Justis has been getting dressed by himself when asked! He is even getting dressed by himself after he goes to the bathroom. Ahhhh.... such a relief. I have been trying to get him to do that for a while but, as with his persistent nature, he has resisted. On Saturday, he even chose his own clothes to wear!

2) Nia and Justis have played so well together the last several days. They always play well together but this weekend was a notch above the other times.

3) Nia got breakfast for her and Justis on Sunday. Not only did she get out the bowls, spoons, cups, etc, but she got the milk out of the fridge and poured it on the cereal! To top it off, she was very sweet because there wasn't a lot of cereal left so she let him have the most and she had what was left. :) By the time I came downstairs to the kitchen, they were almost done with their cereal. That was the first time they got breakfast for themselves. So exciting!

Anyway, it has been so exciting to see this progress and I am especially please with Justis' increased independence. I have finally gotten him to the point that he is no longer insisting being carried - he weighs about 40 pounds so it is about time! :)

On a completely different subject, my sister is having her baby today! I am so excited for them, but bummed that I won't see the baby for a while as they live far away. :( In any case, I am so excited for them and their new miracle. :)

:)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

so cool - I remember when Braeden finally started dressing himself - it's unbelievable how much easier it makes it to get out of the house! And yes, I'm procrastinating-it's what I do best :)

Angel Brockbank said...

Just to clarify, that would be Aimie, not me :)

Chelsea said...

Yeah for independence! I am dreaming of the day! :)

Beverly Jensen said...

Today I babysat Nia and Justis and their cousin Caden. While I was occupied with the phone Nia changed Caden's diapers...I looked over to see that she was wiping his little bottom and then putting new diapers on. She did it all her own!