CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Special Experience

First of all, sorry I haven't posted for a couple of a days. As you know, I was gone, and then since we got back, I've been trying to get caught up. I will post some more adventures in the next few days.


While I was in Utah, I had the opportunity to go to the Saturday Morning session of General Conference with my dad. My sweet and sainted mom watched not only my kids, but my sisters two as well (a total of four kids between the ages of three and five), in a hotel room.

It was such a neat and special experience to be there for the solemn assembly, to stand and raise our hands to sustain the prophet, who was in that very same room (albeit large room). What made this experience even more neat and special (if that is possible) is that my dad and I were also in attendance for the solemn assembly when President Hinckley was sustained as prophet, back in 1995.

I feel blessed that I was able to go. The Saturday Morning session was the only one I could attend because of my travel plans so I was hoping it would be the solemn assembly. I am so grateful for that opportunity and it is a memory that I will always cherish.

3 comments:

Angel Brockbank said...

That is so special and it was so nice of Mom to watch our kids! Great memories :)

Melissa said...

That is so neat. I watched the solemn assembly, but I'm sure being there is a whole different experience. Glad to have you back!:)

Jen said...

We watched conference at home on a laptop, with our two boys running around like nuts. Our assembly wasn't all that solemn! But I so enjoyed conference. My husband watched the kids so I could go to the church to watch the Sunday morning session in peace. It was beautiful.