CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Quickie

It was decided last Saturday that I would take a very quick trip to Texas on Monday (two days ago) to return my beloved nieces, Tori and Abbie, to their parents who just moved there. It has been a fast and furious trip, but it was good.

The girls were better than I had expected so that was a nice relief. It was fun to be with my sister and her husband as they work to settle into their new life in a new place. I was also able to meet up with one of my best friends, Meredith, and had lunch with her. We ate Tex-Mex, which I figured was appropriate since I was there. It was a great two and a half hours to just talk and laugh with her. She is so great.

I have to give snaps to Dallas for being prettier than I had expected. I have been to other parts of Texas that don't float my boat. The others I have visited are flat, windy, brown, and trees are scarce. For a Pacific Northwest girl, not having trees is almost as bad as not having air. Soooo... I was pleasantly surprised to find that Dallas is LOADED with trees! They are predominantly Deciduous (trees with leaves) whereas we have a great mixture of Evergreen and Deciduous where I am, but hey, some trees are better than no trees!

Anyway, my mom, the saint that she is, watched my kids while I was gone and I was treated to hugs and kisses as I walked out of the security barrier at the airport this afternoon. What a great greeting. :)

Honestly, I LOVE to travel. Let me say that again... I LOVE TO TRAVEL!!! If I had all my savings, retirement, kids' college funds, and shopping fund (that is my other favorite pastime) set, I would spend a lot of money traveling the world.

I have been to five out of seven continents in the world so far, and have my sights set on going to those two (not to mention other countries on the continents I have already been to). I love to see different cultures and places. It is so fascinating to me. My two most favorite trips have been to Taiwan and Italy. (Sorry for the off subject tangent.)

I am glad I was able to take a quickie to Dallas and return my sister's beautiful girls to her, but I am glad to be home to my beautiful kids and wonderful husband too. :)
:)

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Welcome home! Glad to hear that all went well and you had such a great welcome committee waiting for you. How was the weather in Chicago? :)

Andi Sherwood said...

I was able to change my flight so I got a direct flight home rather than flying through Chicago as originally planned. :) Much nicer. :)

:)

Esther Ogden said...

Glad you had such a great time, Andi! I love to travel as well-maybe someday we can make a girls trip somewhere tropical! =)

Melissa said...

Travel & shopping - my two favorite ways to spend money :)

Don said...

Andi, after reading your post on Jennifer's blog about wanting to find people for a critique group, I got all excited when I saw Dallas mentioned on this post. Then I noticed that you were only visiting. Oh, well. :-)

autumn said...

Wait a minute...why don't I have a shopping fund?

Angel Brockbank said...

:) Great post, glad the girls were good, thanks so much Andi, you're the best!