CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Celebrating the Big 30

I celebrated my birthday, my 30th birthday to be exact, on Sunday. It was a great day. My husband made me breakfast and was home this morning to help me get the kids ready for church. Not only did he help me get them ready for church, he actually got to sit by me! That was exciting since he hasn't been able to sit with us for a year and half. (He sits on the stand and has morning meetings on Sundays. We had Stake Conference today thus the lack of meetings and no stand requirement.)

After church, we had lunch, naps, and then dinner at my parent's house. My mom, bless her heart, made me her famous ribs, and my dad, believe it or not, made my birthday cake! That was a surprise - he doesn't cook usually except for breakfast (which he is great at). Anyway, it was a great, relaxing day.

I'm going to take a page out of my friend Autumn's book and say 30 things that I am going to do this year:

1) Spend more time with my kids - when someone is faced with death (don't worry, I'm not), they never say "I wish I had spent more time at work." Well, I want to be sure that I keep my priorities straight so that when faced with death someday, I don't feel like I didn't spend enough time with my kids and my family.

2) Go somewhere International - I love to travel and going international places is really fascinating to me.

3) Learn to balance my responsibilities better.

4) Stay on my shopping diet.

5) Eat better and help my family to do so also.

6) Loose the recent weight I have put on (I think it is due to some medical issues I have - at the very least that makes me feel better, but I really do think that is the reason).

7) Finish writing my second novel.

8) Magnify my calling.

9) Keep my house clean (this can be accomplished through delegation though).

10) Make serious headway in our financial goals.

11) Have a hysterectomy.

12) Enjoy today instead of looking at tomorrow or yesterday.

13) Not be so hard on myself.

14) Make lunches for my husband to take to work so he doesn't go hungry or have to go out.

15) Get really good at Dance Dance Revolution.

16) Get really good at Guitar Hero.

17) Keep up with the laundry (good luck on that, but it was worth mentioning).

18) Keep track of our monthly budget better.

19) Accept the fact that it is ok if I don't finish one of my several unfinished quilts - but know that it would be great if I did.

20) Look for more ways to serve others.

21) Not get any tickets (I haven't gotten any yet so I hope to keep that track record going).

22) Accept myself for who I am.

23) Teach my son that angry voices are not ok.

24) Play the piano more often.

25) Think of five more things to do this year.

26) Maybe I should only be 25.

27) Submit my invoices to clients in a timely manner.

28) Try to get the trash out more consistently (this really lies on my husband but I need to remind him about it).

29) Did I mention loose the weight I've gained?

30) Brush my teeth each day. :)

Phew, I made it. There you go, 30 things (give or take) I would like to do this year. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Angel Brockbank said...

Those are great Andi! You are awesome. Happy birthday, I love you so much and I look up to you, as I always have, Miss Queen :)

Love,

Baby

Sean said...

Happy Birthday. It looks like you had a fun day and that you've got a busy year ahead of you! Finish your second novel? I'll be lucky if I get research done for mine. But hey, at least we've already written one...right? Happy Birthday, you look fabulous!

Sean said...

By the way, Sean is Autumn. I am logged in under my husband. I think you look fabulous, not my husband. Just thought I would get that straight - Autumn