CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mr. Destructo

For reasons unknown to me, my son has been Mr. Destructo today. This is a picture of my room. It may not look really bad, but please understand that it was worse than this... I just picked up the "whites" before taking the picture for obvious reasons.

Here's how it went down... While Nia was at school, I was on a conference call with a new client. My saving grace during this call was my husband who had stayed home until the cable repair man came out. It was one of those "He'll be there between 8-10" and luckily, for my sake, he showed up at 10am which meant my husband was home for my entire call (which was 9-11). As it was, Justis kept coming into my room (By day, an office, by night, a bedroom! It's magic!) wanting me to go with him so he could get an assortment of snacks.

After picking Nia up at the bus stop, we went home and had lunch and then naps. Justis was not happy about going down for a nap but the lull of the music did it's job. While he was napping, I did a little bit of work until I could no longer keep my eyes open. Finally, I laid down... Come sweet sleep, come. No, not you destructo, sleep!

While I was sleeping, I was awakened to a very hazy state by my son saying something. I wasn't sure what it was but it finally came to me that he had brought me a towel for a blanket. With a smile, I put the blanket over my legs and quickly fell back into lala land. What I didn't know, however, is that it was all a ploy to keep me asleep so he could wreak havoc all around me. I woke up a few times, only to realize that he was throwing every sock and every bit of folded "whites" onto the floor. He was obviously decorating. At one point, he thought it quite entertaining to open my eyelids, being dutifully attentive to each one. If that wasn't enough, he brought up a box of crayons and hit me on the face, a bottle of elmer's glue and pretended to decorate my face with it (thankfully he didn't open it), and the camera we had used today to take pictures of Nia's first day of school slammed into my face with the word "Smile!".

Finally, the culmination of it all bought me rudely to the real world, only to find that my once clean room was now littered with an assortment of panties and underwear (I wouldn't dare call my son's underwear "panties" :)), socks, and no longer folded whites. As if that isn't bad enough, I know he had at least one "Halls" lozenges, bit my daughters toe, and was very liberal with the tasting of toothpaste.

I had thought that Mr. Destructo had disappeared from our home a while ago. Apparently, he came back today. Hopefully it is only for a brief visit. :)

:)

2 comments:

Esther Ogden said...

Ah, the joys of being a boy. And may I add that it is a good thing he is such a cute boy. We love you, Mr. Destructo!

Angel Brockbank said...

LOL, that was hilarious Andi, I laughed almost the whole time. I'm not sure if I laughed because it was funny or just because you deserve to have at least one destructive child :) It made me feel good, so thanks!!!