CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 29, 2007

My OCD Day

I admit that I have some funny OCD type quarks. For example, it really bothers me when the silverware is not evenly spaced out in the dishwasher. I put one in each compartment, all facing the same direction. Then, when each compartment has one, I start again, facing them in the other direction. Occasionally, other people load my dishwasher for me. It drives me nuts to open it and find all of the silverware in one or two compartments and the others virtually empty. I have to space them out.

Sooo.... yesterday I was putting clean clothes away after I had let them sit on my floor sufficiently long to either 1) bemoan my laziness (I prefer to look at it as a choice of time use) of putting them away, or 2) to gather dog slobber from my adorable dog (he is so sweet) that has a mouth that could almost fit my head in it. As I was putting my clothes away, I had this bizarre but strong urge to sort my clothes hanging in the closet by style (i.e. business, jackets, sweaters, etc) , sleeve length, and color.

Random.

I have to admit though, it really is nice and I do intend to keep it that way. My mom is almost fanatical about how her closet is organized. After organizing it, I called my mom and said "Something is wrong with me." She, of course, thought something was really wrong. When I told her what I did, she said "What's wrong with that?" She's so cute. :) Nothing was wrong with it per say, except for how odd the urge, which really was a compulsion, was to do that. I later started my period that day so I will chalk it up to that.

:)

3 comments:

Angel Brockbank said...

That was funny. I think you got that trait but I definitely didn't. Sometimes i wish I was compulsive about cleaning,but i will admit I absolutely am not. And you know what? I'm okay with that. At least I am good at other things. Cleaning isn't that fun anyway.

Esther Ogden said...

Eh-hem...so where did I get it? LOL

The Manwarings said...

Hi Andi. Long time no see. It was so nice to see you over the weekend that I thought I'd check your blog today. I can't believe your quarks. I do those exact same things. I just had to let you know that there is nothing wrong with you. I'm picky about my silverware in the dishwasher and all of my shirts hang categorized. How funny.