CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 3, 2007

Our Vacation: Sleeping in Special Places

When I was young, one of our favorite privileges was to "sleep in special places." If we were good, on Friday night we could sleep in special places like in the family room, the hall, on the couch, or an array of other odd locations.

For Labor Day Weekend, we had debated going out of town with my parents. I looked into some locations but in the end, it would cost us several hundred dollars to leave. However, I didn't just want to stay home because I knew if we did that, we would end up not doing anything except house/yard work.

My solution? Sleeping at my parent's house. It was just like old times! We got to sleep in special places! We pretended we were on vacation this whole weekend. The only thing we did at home was sleep there Saturday night (Jason had church meetings in the morning) and Jason mowed the lawn today. Other than that, we were on vacation.

It's funny that at almost 30 years old, I still love sleeping at my parent's house. I still like sneaking up to my parent's room in the morning (I sneak only to avoid the following of my little ones) and crawling into bed with my mom to talk or just lay there together.

We went out to dinner, had a picnic, had a bar-b-que, watched movies, shopped, and hung out. What a great vacation!

:)

3 comments:

autumn said...

I still love to stay at my parents home. It's nice to be in a place where you can relax on your responsibilities and have fun. Glad you enjoyed your holiday!

Esther Ogden said...

Sounds like fun! Good job, Mrs. Creativity/Frugal!

Angel Brockbank said...

Oh, how fun! I'm jealous now. Andi,do you remember that you guys would always have me ask if we could sleep in special places because they always said yes to me? I remember that, those were good times. One time I slept in a small corner and woke up with my whole body asleep, it freaked me out, I thought I was dying!